Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Step Closer

I'm happy to say...my visa is in hand!
I am legally one step closer to moving to La Paz.

Caleb and I drove to Miami this morning with my paperwork to visit the Bolivian Consulate. I was nervous that I had done something wrong, but thankfully, my worrying was in vain. After making a few U-turns, we found the Consulate hidden in an office building down the hall from the Subway (as in the sandwiches) headquarters for Miami and Latin America. I handed over my paperwork (practicing some Spanish in the meantime), and within the half hour, I walked out with my official visa!

Then, Caleb and I drove to Calle Ocho where we had lunch at what he described as a "Cuban Denny's." My Lechon Asada (roasted pork), rice, and yuca was deliciosa, and it gave us both a good chance to practice our Spanish.


After lunch, we bought a flowers from a small stand outside of the restaurant for my parents' anniversary. *Congratulations on 24 years of marriage, Mom & Dad!*


...62 days and counting!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That's so exciting! What a fun day it sounds like you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaay!!! We just got our visas a month or so ago for Bosnia (while we were already living here...haha)...it took us 7 months to get them! Such a blessing that yours came through and came in time!

    ReplyDelete