Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Product Of

My very cool roommate, Lindsay, used this quote as a prompt for her English classes:
 
“I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books.”    ―    C.S. Lewis
 
She had her kids write what they are a product of. I asked Bennett what he was a product of, and it inspired me to write my own.
 
"I am a product of crashing ocean waves, seashell sprinkled beaches, sunset runs, fields of colorful flowers, noisy family get-togethers, the sounds of laughter and friendship, and quiet conversations of restoration and grace. Also, of some books. ;) (I don't think I can claim endless these days)."
 
What would you say you are a product of?

2 comments:

  1. I am the product of overseas travel, military bases, big families, Starbucks coffee, fiction books, precious friendships and sweet redemption.

    Thanks for sharing this post! I'm going to have tuck that prompt away for when I have more advanced students :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joy! Thanks for visiting my blog. I sponsor a 10yr old boy, Nelson, through Compassion, and it is so one of the best choices I've ever made! I love writing letters back and forth with him! :)

    ReplyDelete