Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Home Sweet Home

After reading a friend's blog today, I was inspired to create a list to celebrate a few of the many things I love about being home for the summer...Here goes nothing!

  1. Florida sunshine and the colors of South Florida
  2. Humidity - Yes, really! Even if I do sometimes feel like I'm running through a cloud...
  3. Beach breezes and summer sunsets
  4. Going to church with my family
  5. Spending time with my very cool, very talented brothers
  6. Catching up with friends - In person, on the phone, over lunch, through Skype - You name it. I love it!
  7. Sleepovers with friends
  8. Being greeted by my happy dog, Betsy, when I walk through the front door
  9. Being greeted by my sneaky little brother (who is usually trying to scare me when I walk through the front door)
  10. Home-cooked meals
  11. Silly American foods - Oh, how I love Wheat Thins. And turkey sandwiches.
  12. Playing ping pong with the family
  13. Crafting
  14. Evening runs
  15. Rediscovering things I love that stay home while I'm away - I feel like I have a new wardrobe every time I come home!
  16. Cleaning house and organizing rediscovered treasures
  17. Wearing shorts
  18. Target and the Dollar Tree - Need I say more? :)
  19. Spending extra time with the Lord in the mornings
  20. Spending extra Skype time with Ben now that we're in the same country
  21. Getting ready to spend time with Ben in person! (2 more days!)
  22. Unstructured, unhurried time
  23. Thunderstorms
  24. Conversations with my mom and dad
  25. Driving around town - windows rolled down, music turned up
  26. Visiting with grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles
  27. The feeling of being home
Happy Wednesday! What are you celebrating today?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday Joy! Congrats on making it through your first year of teaching! And abroad at that, what an accomplishment! You're doing wonderful things, I can tell. :) I hope you have an amazing summer at home, and a fantastic time with your boyfriend.
    Today I am celebrating life, the possibilities of the future, and being able to finally see some of the beautiful results from all of the growth I know God has been helping me through this past year. It will be a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet friend, I miss you so much. Just know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you often!

    ReplyDelete