Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Here

Today is moving day!

There are so many thoughts and emotions running through me this morning - excitement, sadness, "Am I forgetting something important?" and, "Boy did I have some weird dreams last night!"

My bags are packed (minus a few carry-on items...e.g. my laptop). I think they're under the weight limit (barely!). And in a few hours, I will be driving South to Miami to fly even farther South to...La Paz!

My friends and family have all been incredibly encouraging this week. God has used their words to spur me on and build me up as I start out on this new journey. Thank you all!

So, once I'm settled into my new apartment (?) or condo (?), and once I figure out how to use our internet, I'll be sure to post an update to let you all know just what Bolivia is like!

Here are a few other thoughts running through my mind this morning...
"Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light."
(We sung this at church yesterday. Talk about perspective!)

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
-Corrie Ten Boom (if you don't know who she is, Google her!)

"We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." -2 Corinthias 4:7

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."


0 days 'til departure!

1 comment: